Pre-PharmD students at Âé¶¹É«²¥ major in the Natural Sciences/Health Sciences specialization. The first three years at Âé¶¹É«²¥ include all of the courses required for acceptance into the Doctor of Pharmacy program at the University of Buffalo or D'Youville College. Qualified students have the opportunity to take advantage of this 3+4 program.
Pre-Pharm Program Overview
- Pre-PharmD students at Âé¶¹É«²¥ College major in the Natural Sciences/Health Sciences specialization. The initial three years at Âé¶¹É«²¥ include all of the courses required for acceptance into the Doctor of Pharmacy program at either the University at Buffalo or D'Youville College.Â Once accepted, students will have their first-year doctoral pharmacy courses applied toward completion of their bachelorâ€™s degree at Âé¶¹É«²¥.
- Service learning is required for all majors at Âé¶¹É«²¥ College which is congruent to the mission of many professional schools. Â Â
- Core concentrations in health policy can set you apart from other pre-pharmacy students.
- Strong scientific preparation by highly qualified faculty in state of the art laboratories.
Âé¶¹É«²¥Â College Pre-Pharmacy Program:
- Minimum High School GPA of 3.0
- Minimum SAT score 1000 with 500 verbal and 500 math
University atÂ Buffalo School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences:
- A cumulative quality point average and science GPA of 3.0.
- Minimum 3 reference letters
- Personal Essay
- Personal Interview*
*Final acceptance into the program is contingent on the University at Buffalo interview panel.
Science:Â General Biology I and 2, Inorganic Chemistry I and 2, Organic Chemistry I and II, Physics I and II, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Anatomy and Physiology I and II, General Physiology, Contemporary Chemical Analysis, Scientific Language and Literacy
Core Curriculum (45 credits required):Â English Composition, Advanced Composition, Calculus & Analytic Geometry I and 2, Psychology and/or Sociology and/or Economics, Statistics
Complement and enhance your major area of study with one of the following minors offered by the Natural Sciences Department.
College and the University of Buffalo School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences have partnered to offer highly qualified students an opportunity to earn their Doctor of Pharmacy degree in 7 years. Two students are accepted as freshmen into this program annually and are guaranteed seats in the UB School of PharmacyÂ PharmDÂ program as long as they meet program requirements, including a specified grade point average.Â After successful completion of their first year of pharmacy school, a B.S. in Natural Sciences.Health Sciences will be conferred byÂ Âé¶¹É«²¥Â College.Â
The UB Pharmacy School, which is the only one in the SUNY system, is ranked among the top pharmacy schools in the U.S. and one of the top departments in the world inÂ pharmacokinetics,Â pharmacodynamics,Â andÂ biopharmaceutics.
Âé¶¹É«²¥Â Collegeâ€™s Department of Natural Science and the Dâ€™YouvilleÂ College School of Pharmacy (DYCSOP) pledge their commitment to training future pharmacists for the vital role they will play as part of integrated health care teams.
Students will have a unique opportunity to fulfill the requirements for both a Bachelor of Science and Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree by successfully completing three years of undergraduate study in the Natural Science/Health Sciences/Pharmacy Track atÂ Âé¶¹É«²¥, and then apply for admission toÂ D'Youville to earn aÂ PharmD.Â