The Center for Excellence in Teaching & Learning provides resources for faculty on high-impact pedagogies and learning technologies, and support forÂ assessment of teaching and student learning.
- To promote excellence in teaching and learning through cutting-edge technologies and high-impact pedagogies
- To support and retain new faculty across the disciplines; to challenge and engage experienced faculty in the scholarship of teaching
- To actively contribute to campus-wide efforts to increase student retention, persistence, and success
- To promote and sustain lean and effective processes for assessment of student learningÂ
- To strengthen the reputation of Âé¶¹É«²¥ as a leading institution for excellence in teaching and learning technologies
The CETLÂ Team
Duns Scotus 102
Dr. Hella Jacob holds a Master of Arts degree in English from Regensburg University (Germany) and a Ph.D. in German Literature and Language from the University at Buffalo. She has taught German at different colleges, including for many years at UB. In addition to her background in teaching, she has several years of experience as a membership professional in the nonprofit sector. In 2014, Hella came to Âé¶¹É«²¥ as a project assistant under Âé¶¹É«²¥â€™s Title III grant, supporting the various events and programs that the CETL sponsors. In 2017, Hella beganÂ coordinating the annual institutional assessment process, and since the spring of 2018, she serves as the administrative director of the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
Faculty Success Advisory Board
To ensure that our initiatives are responsive to the diverse needs of the Âé¶¹É«²¥ teaching community, the following faculty members are providingÂ guidance, support, and expertise to the CETL:
For more information, seeÂ /²¹³¦²¹»å±ð³¾¾±³¦²õ/³¦´Ç±ô±ô±ð²µ±ð-²¹°ù³Ù²õ-²õ³¦¾±±ð²Ô³¦±ð²õ-±ð»å³Ü³¦²¹³Ù¾±´Ç²Ô/±è²õ²â³¦³ó´Çâ€¦
For more information, seeÂ /²¹³¦²¹»å±ð³¾¾±³¦²õ/³¦´Ç±ô±ô±ð²µ±ð-²¹°ù³Ù²õ-²õ³¦¾±±ð²Ô³¦±ð²õ-±ð»å³Ü³¦²¹³Ù¾±´Ç²Ô/²Ô²¹³Ù³Ü°ù²¹â€¦